What am I up to?
I’m currently reading Computer Science at Imperial College London.
I’ve also been lucky enough to secure a scholarship from Sintelix where I currently work as a Development Intern, during both term-time and summer, but mostly the latter.
I have many interests within computer science, these range from:
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- General AI and Machine Learning
- Financial Trading
- And much more!
Outside of CS, I’ve a lot of hobbies that I like to juggle with such as mountain biking and playing guitar.
I’m also currently learning Spanish.
Here’s a few things that I’m actively reading and researching.
- Minimal-Intelligence Agents for Bargaining Behaviors in Market-Based Environments (Cliff 1997)
- This is a new area that I recently came across and it’s really sparked my interest. This paper is excellently written. I’m intending to do some more research and work once I’ve finished reading the paper.
- Dave Cliff has also made a simiple simulation of a limit order book financial exchange open source, you can find it here .
- I think it will be a fun project to develop some bots!
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- A really well known book that I hadn’t read yet, and so far I couldn’t recommend it enough!